Occupied: Headlines From Palestine

Blogging From Gaza, Palestine

Israeli Occupation Jet Fighters Launch Series Of Airstrikes Across Gaza

Leave a comment

GAZA, May 27, 2015 (WAFA) – Israeli jet fighters launched a series of airstrikes last night across the Gaza Strip, hours after Israeli media said that a rocket fired from Gaza landed in southern Israel, according to local sources.

WAFA correspondent said Israeli F16 fighters launched a number of airstrikes on multiple locations, causing damages to properties and spreading fear among local residents, especially children.

Israeli jet fighter fired three missiles targeting agricultural land in the vicinity of the destroyed Gaza international Airport to the east of Rafah in the southern strip, causing a deep hole in the ground.

They further targeted another location in Rafah city with four missiles, causing damages to nearby Palestinian homes.

Israeli warplanes also targeted a location to the southwest of Khan Younis in the southern strip, causing damages to properties.

two Khan Younes, the destroyed Gaza International Airport, Gaza City, and Beit Lahia,

Meanwhile in Gaza city, Israeli warplanes fired two missiles targeting a location to the northwest of the city, causing damages to residents’ homes.

There were no reports of any casualties.

Yesterday, Israeli media sources said a projectile which was fired from Gaza exploded in an open area near the port city of Ashdod, some 20 kilometers north of the Gaza Strip.

It said that there was no damages reported, but medical services said a 15-year-old girl from Ashdod arrived at the Barzilai Medical Center in Ashkelon suffering from shock, the Israeli daily Haaretz reported. There was no immediate claim of responsibility in Gaza for the rocket launching.

Shortly afterwards, the Israeli army issued a statement saying it had struck Hamas and Islamic Jihad facilities in the southern Gaza Strip, and blamed Hamas for the rocket fire.

Later on Wednesday morning, Israel ‘Defense’ Minister Moshe Ya’alon warned Hamas, the de facto authority in Gaza, must rein in any attempts by factions in Gaza to attack Israel, or “pay a heavy price.”

“[Israel] will not abide any threat on the residents of the south. If it isn’t quiet in Israel, the Gaza Strip will pay a heavy price,” he was quoted by the Times of Israel.

Last year, Israel launched a relentless war on Gaza which claimed the lives of about 2,400 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and left more than 10,000 injured. Hundreds of thousands others are currently displaced and live in makeshift caravans or in UNRWA-run schools.

M.N../T.R.

Advertisements

Author: OccPalGaza

Blogging from Gaza-current events, news and actions against the Occupation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s